Feeling Overwhelmed? This is a quick, useful and simple exercise to center yourself and connect with your environment. Practice this anytime throughout the day, especially if you feel like your mind is racing or you are getting caught up in your thoughts and feelings.
1. Pause for a moment and take a deep breath
2. Look around and notice 5 things you can see
3. Listen, and notice 5 things you can hear
4. Notice 5 things that are touching you (a chair, a wristwatch, air on your face, your shoes)
Done! Feel better?
Health Coach Autumn
Ever want to have a superpower like Spiderman, Catwoman or Superman? I do! Well, this is as close as you can get. These foods all support your immune system and promote longevity among other health benefits. Here are a few of my favorite Superfoods on earth–I recommend you give them a try!
1. Goji Berries– Goji berries are one of the most nutrient dense
foods on earth, containing 18 kinds of amino acids and up to 21 trace minerals.
They can be found growing on vines in desert regions from America to Asia. Loaded
with antioxidants and phytochemicals; they are believed to be one of the richest
sources of Vitamin C on the planet. Goji berries are known to curb appetite,
fight inflammation and improve sleep. They are prized for their anti-aging,
mood boosting and immune building effects on the body.
2. Maca– Grown high in the mountains of Peru, maca is a
root plant noted for its energy and stamina increasing properties. Aiding the
nervous and digestion system, it is composed of 55 different phytochemicals and
20 different fatty acids. Maca regulates hormones, reduces stress and has an
anti-depressant effect. This amazing plant also enhances one’s memory and
3. Chia Seeds– Chia seeds are rich in Omega 3 fatty acids, protein, vitamin B complex, calcium, potassium and fiber. They regulate blood sugar levels and help you stay hydrated. They taste great in smoothies, sandwiches, salads and dressings.
To your health!