Hello Followers! Did you start following my Happy Health Coach blog because you needed some inspiration!? Or something to counteract those negative feelings and thoughts that are swimming around in your head? Well, if you did, here is your…shot of sunshine for the day! Five Tips for Overcoming Negative Thoughts:
1. Surround Yourself with Positive People It’s true! We do adopt the characteristics, thoughts and feelings of those who we are in contact with on a regular basis. Do you have toxic friends or co-workers? Maybe a toxic family member? Find some new friends and peers to hang out around who live life the way you want to live it! Healthy, happy friends are an important part of a healthy, happy lifestyle.
2. Help Someone Assisting others with their needs will help you get the focus off of little distractions and thoughts that consume your mind and lead to depression, anxiety and stress. Helping others boosts one’s confidence, creates feelings of compassion and nurtures your spirit.
3. Write a Gratitude List Start a gratitude journal that you write in daily before bed or as soon as you wake up in the morning. Write down anything and everything you are grateful for– even if those things feel insignificant! Try it out for a week to start–I know you will see a difference in your life!
4. Sing to Upbeat Music Crank up your stereo, radio or boom box! Music has a way of speaking to our soul and our hearts like nothing else in this world can. You become what you consume. Listen to happy music and your negative thoughts will internally start to change.
5. Give Yourself Permission to Turn Your Day Around at any Given Moment Did your day start out sour? Who says it has to stay that way? We often judge our days by the way our morning started out. Our thinking process goes something like this, “Good morning=good day and bad morning=bad day.” I’m telling you–it doesn’t have to be that way! What if you decided that Mondays were now the best day of the week instead of the worst? How would that change your life?
Health Coach Autumn