The same scenario played out everyday when I worked in an office. There I would be, 3pm, and ready to take a big fat nap at my desk!
The coffee had worn off and I was in a food coma from eating too much at lunch. I can’t tell you how unproductive I was after 3:00!
I wish I knew about natural energy boosters then. It would have raised my productivity at work and home.
Here are a couple of tips on boosting your mid-afternoon energy:
1. Drink white tea instead of coffee
2. Take a guarana supplement in the afternoon. I recommend between 200-800 mg for a sustained boost of energy.
3. During lunch, consume water rich foods like vegetables and fruit. Dehydration= fatigue. Stay hydrated to feel more alert.
4. Cook your lunch with coconut oil or palm kernel oil for some extra pep in your step.
5. Don’t overeat at lunchtime. A full stomach of food is harder for your body to digest. Digestion also robs the body of energy.
To your health!
Autumn (check me out at http://www.pacificnorthwesthealth.com)